Here’s an idea if you’re looking for ways to enjoy escarole and/or swiss chard. This recipe is from The Cooking Channel.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 sweet pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 head escarole , rinsed thoroughly and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmagano-regiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook until just tender, about 11 minutes. Drain the pasta in a Colander reserving 1 cup of the cooking water, and set aside.