- 1 pound frisée or escarole, trimmed of tough or discolored leaves and remainder cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces (about 10 loose cups)
- 2 TBS dices chives or basil or 1 tsp oregano
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then add greens, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/40 teaspoon pepper and sauté, tossing until evenly wilted but still crunchy, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons lemon juice, tossing to coat. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve as a side or mixed with pasta as a dish. Serves 4.